This warranty applies to Coalesse products delivered in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
Coalesse, a division of Steelcase Inc. (“Coalesse”), warrants that Coalesse, Brayton, Metro and Vecta brand commercial products are free from defects in materials or workmanship, for a period of (10) years, subject to the exceptions listed below. Coalesse will repair or replace with comparable product, at its option and free of charge, any product, part or component manufactured after November 16, 2009 that fails under normal use as a result of such defect. This warranty applies from the date of manufacture, regardless of shift usage and is valid only for the original purchaser.
All interior wood frames
Stacking chairs, wood veneer, metal chair frames, functional mechanisms such as dollies, carts and trolleys, seating components including controls, adjustment mechanisms, pneumatic cylinders, and tablet arm assemblies. For Emu outdoor frames warranty applies against invasive and perforating rust not deriving from scratches or abrasions due to use and which cannot be removed by normal cleaning and care.
High wear parts such as casters and glides, stocked fabrics and other stocked covering materials. For all fabrics and leathers (Designtex, Maharam, Luna, etc) originating manufacturer warranties apply.
Exposed wood frames.
Marker boards, electrical components (including task lights, power strips, harnesses, power blocks, outlets, data connectors, audio and video connectors and all tabletop devices), drawer and door mechanisms, keyboard supports, fiberglass panels, replacement parts, granite and glass top surfaces, and outdoor cushions.
This warranty does not apply to product failure resulting from:
- Normal wear and tear
- Failure to apply, install, or maintain products according to published Coalesse instructions and guidelines
- Abuse, misuse, or accident
- Alteration or modification of the product
- The substitution of any unauthorized non-Coalesse components for use in the place of Coalesse components in an integrated product solution; such substitute components include but are not limited to worksurfaces, leg supports, panels, brackets, shelves, overhead bins, and other integral components.
The following products and materials are not covered by this warranty:
- Products considered consumables (e.g. lamps),
- Customer’s Own Material (COM) or non-standard textiles and materials
- Variations occurring in surface materials (e.g. color fastness or matching grains, textures, and colors across dissimilar substrates and lots)
- Other manufacturer’s products, including Carl Hansen and Emu. Coalesse will pass through other manufacturer’s warranties where applicable and to the extent possible.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE SOLE REMEDY FOR PRODUCT DEFECT AND NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY IS PROVIDED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. COALESSE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY PRODUCT DEFECT.